Friday, June 03, 2005

Well hello! It sure has been nice and warm out. Our garden is planted, and all we have left is to put a fence around the garden, so the rabbits or raccoon don't steal our food! Each of the kids wanted to plant something. Luke planted carrots. Violet planted sweet corn (her favorite!). Mya planted green beans. Alex planted cucumbers. Isaac and I planted potatoes and tomatoes! We all planted strawberries and raspberries too! What a busy spring!

Luke likes to "save" trees--little trees-- that people pull out of their gardens. He takes them and will find a place to plant them. Last year he "saved" a maple tree, and it is about 6 inches tall now!! He also bought a tree last year. It is supposed to have purple flowers in the spring. I cannot remember the name of it. That is doing really well too!

We had planted an orange rose in memory of baby Anna. Last fall, I was so tired and pregnant, and I didn't take time to bury it. I thought for sure it was dead this fall. I even prayed for it (that is how desperate I am!). Well it is growing!! HURRAY! I had bought 2 other roses too, but they both died. We bought another orange rose this year. Our second spring without baby Anna.

The kids are growing so fast! Luke is getting to be an A-1 reader! He loves to work with plants. He is growing an aloe plant, jade plant, spider plant, and baby tears in the house. He is also trying to get a walnut tree to grow from seed.

Violet just loves the outdoors. She is so good with the little kids--"my little mommy". She has patience where Luke is lacking. ;D She loves to try and figure out how things work. We got a pen that has four colored pens that you can flip between. She thought about that for a long time, then we took off the cover, and she was so thrilled to see that there were 4 pens in there!!

Mya is my little learner. She likes workbooks and school work. She picks things up quick. She is proud that her green beans are up now!

Alex, now he is a different dude. I was mowing lawn the other day, and I had the truck outside with all the windows open to "air" it out. I looked over at the truck as I was mowing and Alex was in there. I didn't think too much of it... all the windows were down, and I figured he had somehow gotten the door open. Later, he came to me and told me he had climbed! into the truck! What a monkey! We also had just explained to him about how if someone is sick, they can get dehydrated. He came to me when we were outside and said: "Mom, I am tirsty (thirsty), I better get some water, because I don't want to get hydrated." He is a thinker too. He will just sit by me as I am making supper and ask me deep questions... man, sometimes I wish I had all the answers!

Baby Anna would have been one this spring. We released balloons on her due date. We got a letter from a gentleman in the Lake City area. Last year one of her balloons went to Missouri!

Baby Isaac is almost 4 months now! He is such a sweet, laid back kid. He takes a nuk... none of my other kids ever took one for very long... so we will see. He is looking around and really exploring the world with his eyes. He giggles and smiles a lot! He enjoys all his brother and sisters. Luke and Isaac seem to be especially close. It is fun to watch them bond!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home