Friday, April 07, 2006

Spring 2006!

Spring is officially here! Why? The gophers are making mounds! We have so many gophers here. One year they ate 12 rows of my dad's corn. The funny thing is, they don't eat the whole kernel, just the heart of it... then they continue down the row!

The kids and I go out and trap gophers, and dad pays us for them. Luke has already caught 3 this year! He is getting to be quite the hunter! It was cute, we had gone out to check traps and Luke had gotten a striped gopher. It was quite dead. He said: "Look, it already has rheumatism!" What he was meaning is that it had rigor mortis already. :)

We went to my grandpa's 93rd birthday today. I seen some cousins that I haven't seen in a long time. It was fun. The kids enjoyed all the goodies! Mya was drinking her kool-aid and looked at me and said: "It looks like it tastes like something, but it doesn't." Ha! It was a red color, but still tasted like water. Gotta love the kids!

It has been really muddy here. The kids just love it. Little Isaac seems to fall into it face first about 2 seconds after he gets out in it. The kids were out playing outside and Alex came running to me crying and said: "Mom, the saran wrap doesn't work on my shoes anymore!" (He was talking about the velcro!)

The kids and I get out once a week and do all our errands. We usually hit Walmart, the grocery store, and the library. We just stopped at the library and Violet had come up to talk to me. Alex, 4 years old, was still in his car seat, and decided to entertain himself by kicking Violet. She asked him politely to quit. He answered her back with: "One more time, and then I am done. He is such a different kid! Keeps me rolling!

Violet is taking great pride in her reading and understading the world just that much more. She is definately the motherly type. Isaac will even go to her, if I am busy.

Isaac is walking/running. He is learning to say a few words. "Nana" is Jana (my sister), "lilet' is Violet, Nyna is "Mya", uk is "Luke", suddenly he has started calling me "Ma". He used to call me "momma". I prefer Momma. He sounds like a little goat: "ma, ma, ma, ma". He LOVES when someone sneezes. Then he will say (really slowly) aaaahhhhh ahhha ahhhh tooo (achoo). The kids love doing this with him!

We are working on our bus, and looking forward to riding in it. We haven't ran it this winter, as there was no heat and we got a little chilly in there! Even Isaac gets all excited when Daddy started up the bus the other day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home