Saturday, April 08, 2006

Why does water break my heart?

We really enjoyed the sun today. It felt so good on our skin! The kids rode their bikes and we took a long walk.

By the end of the day, I wondered if I had kids under that dirt! In the bath they went. Alex was the last to get a bath. When I came in to wash his hair, the bath water was a funny redish color. Then I notice Alex had his hands behind his back. I asked him what he was hiding. The tears started flowing and he pulled his little hand out from behind his back. It was the valentine candy box a friend had given him-- all limp and mushy. Alex said: "I don't know why the water broke my heart." Poor little guy, he felt so bad. Then I explained to him how his little valentine heart was just cardboard, and the water would wreck it, just like water would wreck paper. He seemed satisfied with that, and didn't feel so bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home